Waxing is something all women are familiar with. One of the best hair-removal techniques for a couple of decades now, waxing is popular among all ages. However, there are some things you may not know about the technique and its connection to skincare. Skin Science LA offers the best waxing in Los Angeles for all skin types. Waxing is definitely more effective than shaving.
Waxing helps remove unwanted hair from different parts of the body. Therefore, most women today commonly use the technique to look and feel beautiful. There are two types of wax in use for different areas on your body –
- Hard wax – This works best on sensitive skin areas such as face, underarms, and bikini line.
- Soft wax – This you can easily apply on slightly thicker skin areas like legs, arms, back, and chest.
Waxing is highly popular at skincare clinics in LA because it’s simple, faster, and cheaper than other hair-removal methods. Here are some of the other benefits of the technique –
- It helps reduce hair growth when done at regular monthly intervals. Waxing helps pull out hair from the root and when done regularly, eventually slows down its growth.
- The hair that grows back after waxing is softer and thinner. Most important, the more you wax, the lesser and finer hair grows back.
- It’s a very simple process done at most waxing Los Angeles spas and skincare clinics. It is very fast too and needs just 30-45 minutes
Though anybody can do waxing, it’s good to keep a few things in mind before going for the procedure. Always go for any skin treatment from a reputed and reliable skincare clinic. Your skin should always be left in the safe hands of professionals.
- Waxing involves pulling out hair. However, sometimes it may also pull off a few layers of skin cells in the process. This may cause tenderness and swelling. If you have highly sensitive skin that reddens easily, avoid waxing your sensitive skin areas. These include the ones mentioned earlier on this page.
- Certain medications may cause the skin to react adversely to waxing. Therefore, it’s advisable to avoid waxing if you’re on Retin-A, Accutane, or any prescription medicines for acne.
- It’s a good idea to consult an expert at Skin Science LA clinic before setting an appointment for waxing. They would consider your skin type and offer guidance on the type of wax that suits you, how, and where.
- Allow the hair to grow out to at least half inch over the skin surface before you wax it. You should do waxing at regular intervals but not too frequently either. If the hair is too short, the wax won’t be effective in pulling it out.
- Avoid taking a bath/shower before going for waxing at an LA skincare clinic. Wetting the hair makes it soft and brittle, resulting in easy breakage. This, in turn, makes waxing ineffective.
- Don’t apply any body lotion or cream on the skin prior to the session.
Our team offers the best skincare Los Angeles services, including waxing. Our aestheticians are well-trained in the procedure and in dealing with different skin types. You may visit our skincare Los Angeles clinic to know more about waxing and how we do it. Alternatively, call us at (323) 536-3332 to book an appointment for a waxing session with one of our several experts.